Wood Duck Taxidermy Mounts
Custom Wood duck taxidermy mounts. Whether your hunting close to home or planning a trip to the Dakotas and beyond, Stehlings Taxidermy is ready to preserve your trophy wood duck or other waterfowl species. Contact us to discuss custom poses and habitats designed to recreate the memory of your hunt.
We are meticulous about each step of the process.
- Each bird is inspected prior to mounting and we will contact you to discuss any issues with the bird.
- Proper skinning, fleshing and washing of the bird to ensure that no fat or grease is left on the skin.
- All of our birds are caulked to ensure the durability of the mount as well as to recreate the natural appearance of the bird.
- We take our time during the grooming process to make sure that the feathers are aligned correctly and that the bird is posed in a natural position.
- The legs/feet of the bird are injected to give them a natural life like appearance.
- Bill and leg/feet coloration are airbrush painted to a lifelike appearance.